Students who agree with both “I think it is important to set high goals” AND “I work hard to reach my goals” are…
- 15 times more likely to think getting good grades is important
- 10 times more likely to feel they put forth their best effort at school
- 3 times more likely to feel school is a welcoming and friendly place
- 3 times more likely to say they have a teacher who is a positive role model for them
- 3 times more likely to feel teachers care about them as individuals
- One third less likely to say they give up when schoolwork is difficult
…than students who do not agree that it is important to set high goals or to work toward their goals.